Tuesday 7 May 2013

Active Listening: Individual reflection by Evangeline Wong

Do you ever find yourself speaking up too soon?
Yes. If I can very eager in a subject, I tend to interrupt and tell them my opinion.

If so, how can you clear your mind to fully listen?
I can wait to share my opinions, and focus on the content the speaker is saying instead of my thoughts. 

Do you ever find yourself wanting to jump in because you are eager to share?
Yes. If I am very interested in the topic.

How can you channel your excitement into listening and wait for the proper opportunity to share? 
I can try and ask more questions about what the person is saying so I can get more information.

What else can you do to prepare for conversations with others?
I can try to clear my mind and remind myself not to interrupt.

Can we ask them up for what they are looking for?
Yes. If the conversation is getting too long winded, it is best to get straight to the point.

How does it make you feel to be cut off in the middle of your thoughts?
It is rather annoying as it is hard to get back on my thought process. 

No comments:

Post a Comment